Makes about 2-1/4 cups
* 1 package (12 oz.) Candy Melts® Candy
* 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
To Make Glaze:
Chop Candy Melts candy, either by hand or in a food processor. Heat whipping cream in saucepan just to boiling point. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from heat, add chopped Candy Melts candy, stir until smooth and glossy. If mixture is too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional warm whipping cream.
1. Make candy curls 1 day in advance. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Add 2 tablespoons shortening; stir until melted. Pour into cavities of mini loaf pan, 1" thick. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Unmold and bring to room temperature. Use peeler or plane on narrow side of candy to make candy curls.
2. Make cakes. Prepare cake batter following recipe directions. Bake 4", 6" and 8" cake layers and allow to cool. Level cakes.
3. Decorate cake. Prepare chocolate ganache following recipe directions. Position 8" cake on cake board or cake plate. Pour some ganache over top of 8" cake. Use spatula to spread ganache to edge of cake and allow ganache to drip over edge. Position 6" cake onto to 8" cake, and repeat process to cover cake with ganache. Position 4" cake on 6" cake, and repeat process to cover cake with ganache. Position candy curls on top of 4" cake. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 10-15 minutes.