SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 100% cotton white T-shirt
- Tulip® Tie Dyes in Dk Green/Red/Purple
- Plastic table cover
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project.
- Prewash fabric without fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay damp fabric flat on work surface.
- Pinch fabric at chosen point for swirl. Twist fabric around into a flat spiral.
- Bind with rubber bands, creating 6 wedge shapes. Use more rubber bands as desired.
- Prepare dye following package instructions.
- Apply dye on wedges using colors as desired, in the desired arrangement – alternating wedges, connecting wedges, etc.
- Cover fabric with plastic table cover. Let set 6-8 hours.
- Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear. Remove rubber bands.
- Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.