SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Select your own choice of fabrics
- Quilter’s Showcase Fabrics – see chart for fabric requirements
- 6 yds. for quilt backing
- 1 yd. for pillow sham backings
- 1-1/2 yds. muslin for quilting shams
- 1-1/2 yds. for binding
- 1/2 yd. for each toss pillow body
- 1/4 yd. for each toss pillow piping
Quilt Size approx. 70"x90"
- 1 yd. cording for toss pillow piping for each pillow
- 16" pillow form for each toss pillow
- Full Size hi-loft batting
- Crib size batting for shams
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
Pillow shams for standard pillow 26"x20"
- Note – use 1/4" seam allowances for quilt and shams.
- To print the Cutting Chart, click on the "Download Project PDF" button. Refer to the Chart to identify fabric and see cutting sizes. Cut fabric according to the chart.
- The quilt is sewn together in seven large blocks, as identified in the Placement Diagram. Working one large block at a time, arrange the fabric and sew the pieces together.
- Sew the large blocks in rows, then sew the rows together to form the quilt top.
- Sandwich the backing, batting and top together and quilt as desired.
- Trim the edges and sew on the binding.
- For 2 Shams:
- From remaining quilt fabrics cut six strips 10"x21".
- From backing cut 4 pieces 17"x21".
- Sew 3 strips together for each sham.
- Sandwich the muslin, batting and top of each sham together and quilt as desired.
- Trim to 27"x21".
- To finish the shams, turn down one 17" wide side of each backing piece 1/2" and press. Turn down another 1/2", press and stitch.
- Lay front face down and pin 2 back pieces right sides up overlapping stitched edges.
- Stitch around in 1/4" seam. Bind just as the quilt.
- 16"x16" Toss Pillow:
All seams 1/2"
- Cut one 17" square of fabric for front.
- Cut two pieces of fabric 12"x17" for back.
- Turn under one 17" edge of each back piece and sew.
- Make and sew piping to pillow top.
- Layer pillow front right side up, then both back pieces over lapped at finished edge right side down with raw edges even at sides.
- Sew all around pillow.
- Turn and press.