Measures 33"x42" [84 x 106.5 cm]
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice® Yarn,
- 1 skein ea: Taupe (A); Linen (B);
- Honey (C); Mustard (D);
- Charcoal Grey (E); Silver Grey (F)
- Crochet hook size K-10.5 [6.5 mm] or size for gauge
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
GAUGE: 1 ripple = 51?2" [14 cm] from peak to peak.
Lapghan is worked in ripple crochet pattern of alternating 3-st peaks & skipped st valleys. Keep peaks & valleys of each row aligned. 3 sts are worked into center st of peaks & sts are skipped over valleys.
When working a crochet ripple, piece may not lay flat until a few rows are worked. To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete the st. Fasten off old color. Proceed with new color.
- STRIPE SEQUENCE
- Work 2 rows each with A, B, C, D, E, F; (4 rows each with A, B, C, D, E, F) twice; then 2 rows each with A, B, C, D, E, F.
- With A, ch 98.
- Row 1: Work 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, *sc in next 7 ch, sk next ch, sc in next 7 ch, 3 sc in next ch; rep from * to last 16 ch, sc in next 7 ch, sk next ch, sc in next 7 ch, 2 sc in last ch – 6 ripples.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), turn, dc in first sc, *dc in next 7 sc, sk next 2 sc, dc in next 7 sc, 3 dc in next sc; rep from * to last 17 sts, dc in next 7 sc, sk next 2 sc, dc in next 7 sc, 2 dc in last sc. Change to next color in Stripe Sequence in the last st.
- Row 3: Ch 1, turn, 2 sc in first dc, *sc in next 7 dc, sk next 2 dc, sc in next 7 dc, 3 sc in next dc; rep from * to last 17 sts, sc in next 7 dc, sk next 2 dc, sc in next 7 dc, 2 sc in top of turning ch.
- Rep Rows 2 and 3, changing color following Stripe Sequence, until all 72 rows of Stripe Sequence have been worked. Fasten off.
- FINISHING: Weave in ends.
- ch = chain;
- dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat;
- sc = single crochet
- sk = skip;
- st = stitch