1. Wash dress and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
2. Use fabric marker to draw two parallel zig-zag lines down the front of dress, about 10 or more inches apart.
3. Pleat along first line, drawing fabric into a straight line so the marker forms a straight line across the tops of pleats. Tie tightly with sinew along marker line.
4. Repeat above step with second zig-zag line.
5. Arrange folds in center of dress as straight as possible. Use sinew to tightly tie center portion of dress. More ties create more lines in the design.
6. Place tied dress on pastry cooling rack on covered work surface. Mix dyes according to package directions.
7. Dye center tied portion of dress with Fuchsia, Yellow, and Turquoise dyes, allowing colors to blend slightly and being sure to penetrate into the layers of fabric.
8. Dye untied edges of dress with Black dye, being sure to saturate the fabric.
9. Use Black dye to over dye the colored portion of the dress, using just enough dye to cover colors.
10. Cover dyed dress with plastic and allow to set 6-8 hours.
11. Remove ties and rinse dress under running water to remove excess dye.
12. Wash and dry dress according to package instructions.