1. Cut the wide end of each tie 12” in length from the bottom of the point. Cut the narrow end of each tie 12” in length from the tip of the point.
2. Line up and overlap the wide ties to create a circle.
3. Place a small tie over each large tie seam as seen below.
4. Pin each small tie up one side and down the other in order to sew the entire sunburst together continuously.
5. Start at the top tip of a skinny tie and sew along the edge of the skinny tie.
6. When reaching a turn leave the needle in the fabric, lift the presser foot, turn the fabric so it's lined up in the direction needed to sew, lower the presser foot, and resume sewing.
7. Stitch down until the 2 skinny ties meet. Leave the needle in the fabric, raise presser foot, turn the fabric to the next tie, lower the presser foot, and resume sewing. Continue up and down each tie until reaching the beginning.
8. Place a clock kit base under a thin wood clock face.
9. Feed dowels through 3 skinny ties (top, left, and right).
10. Sandwich the dowels between the bottom clock face and a 2nd finished clock face. Stack the materials as follows: clock kit front, clock face, ties/dowels, 2nd clock face, clock kit back.
11. Tighten down the clock parts to secure the clock and dowels.
12. Attach a sawtooth picture hanger using strong craft or super glue.
13. Trim the excess on each dowel.