SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton food-crafting supplies
- 12-Cavity Mini Heart Dessert Shell Pan (sold in stores)
- 14-1/2"x20" Cooling Grid
- Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Light Cocoa Candy Melts candy (12 oz. makes 96 treats; ganache recipe uses additional Candy Melts)
- 6-pc. Heart Fondant Double Cut-Outs Set (size “F" used) (sold in stores)
- Favorite brownie recipe
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Raw whole almonds
- Basic ganache recipe
- Fresh strawberries, washed & dried
- Bake and cool brownies in dessert shell pan.
- Decorate candy drizzled brownies. Prepare a parchment bag and fill with whipped icing. Cut small point off bag. Fill brownie shell with whipped icing. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy in parchment bag according to package directions. Cut small point off bag. Drizzle top of brownie with melted candy.
- Decorate caramel almond brownies. Prepare a parchment bag and fill with caramel topping. Cut small point off bag. Fill brownie shell with caramel and drizzle on sides. Position two almonds in a heart shape.
- Decorate strawberry ganache brownie. Prepare ganache following recipe directions. Prepare a parchment bag and fill with ganache. Cut small point off bag. Fill brownie shell with ganache and drizzle on sides. Use straight side of “F" size heart cut-out to cut strawberry. Position strawberry in center of brownie.
- Basic Ganache Recipe
- 1 package (12 oz.) Light Cocoa Candy Melts candy
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chop Candy Melts (you can use a food processor). Heat whipping cream in saucepan just to boiling point. Do not boil. Remove from heat and add chopped Candy Melts. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- For truffles, add 1 tablespoon liqueur, at this point, if desired. Stir until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until firm. Roll into 1" balls. Can be used as a center for dipping; served plain or rolled in nuts, coconut or cocoa powder.