SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Velcro® Brand Sticky Back for
Basic sewing supplies
Iron & pressing surface
1. Cut out a 12 x 20” rectangle from the leather and another 12 x 20” rectangle
from the canvas.
2. Using leather scraps, cut a strip that is about 11 x 1”.
3. Pin the strip of leather to the top center part of the canvas. Then alternate
pins every 1-3” until reaching the bottom of the leather strip. Using
the sewing machine, sew where the pins are marked.
4. With the good sides touching, pin and then sew around the outside of
the rectangle. Remember to leave an opening to turn the piece rightside
5. Turn the piece right-side out and sew the opening hole.
6. Iron and then fold (or measure) the piece in thirds and using pins mark a
straight line across. Sew these two lines.
7. Time to make the carry-all bag. Cut out one rectangle that measures 9 x
4” and another that measures 26 x 8”. This will be the bottom and sides
of the bag.
8. Fold the larger rectangle in half and sew the sides together to make a
loop. Then pin one edge to the rectangle bottom. Sew together.
9. Fold and pin the top of the bag over to create about 1/2” hem, then sew.
10.Turn the bag right-side out and attach Velcro® Brand Sticky Back for
Fabric. In example shown the bag was rolled down like a lunch box and
then we attached VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric to the front and
back side of the toiletry carry-all.
11.Fold the bag into thirds and attach Velcro® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric
in the center to close the bag.