SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® Rainbow
- T-shirt – white – 100% cotton
- Washable marker
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Round paper plate to use for circle pattern
- Plastic bag or plastic wrap
- Wash shirt and leave damp. Lay shirt out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
- Use paper plate to design a circle on shoulder and at waist of shirt. Trace around plate with washable marker.
- Pleat along first circle, drawing fabric into a straight line so that marker forms a straight line along tops of folds. Secure tightly along this line with zip tie or rubber band.
- Secure desired number of rubber bands or zip ties outside of first tie.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 on second marker circle.
- Mix dye colors according to package instructions.
- Apply dyes to tied sections of shirt. Squeeze Green dye to the center of the circle, Blue to the band areas and Red to the remaining white areas of the shirt.
- Cover dyed shirt with plastic and let set 6-8 hours.
- Remove ties and rinse shirt under running water to remove excess dye.
Wash and dry shirt as suggested in package instructions.