SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® With Love®: 1 skein, Beachy
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 5.5mm [US 9]
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
- GAUGE: 15 sts = 4" (10 cm); 20 rows = 4" (10 cm) in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- Piece is worked back and forth in rows then short edges are sewn together to form cowl.
- Gauge is not critical. It can be a bit difficult to exactly measure gauge given the nature of the double yarn over stitches.
- Cowl measures 12" (30.5 cm) wide and 24" (61 cm) around.
- Cast on 45 sts.
- Rows 1–6: Knit.
- Row 7 (right side): K2, [yarn over] twice, *k1, [yarn over] twice; repeat from * to last 2 sts, k2.
- Row 8 (wrong side): K2, drop the next 2 yarn overs from the left needle, *k1, drop the next 2 yarn overs from the left needle; repeat from * to last 2 sts, k2.
- Repeat Rows 1–8 until piece measures about 24" (61 cm), ending with a Row 8.
- Bind off all sts as if to knit.
- Sew short ends together. Weave in ends.
- k = knit
- st(s) = sttich(es)
- * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated