1. Insert one cut end of elastic 2” through both D-rings. Fold the cut end under 1/2” and pin. Sew two parallel rows of stitching 1/4” apart to secure.
2. Test fit the belt. Insert loose end of elastic through both D-rings and back through the lower D-ring, pulling until belt sits comfortably on hips. Elastic will mold to shape. Cut the tail to desired length (at least 8”).
3. Fold tail end to the wrong side in a double 1/2” hem and pin. Stitch.
4. Grommets: Place marks on the wrong side of the belt every 2”, starting about 1/2” from the double row of stitching, and stopping about 4” from the opposite end. Marks should be centered on the elastic width.
5. Apply grommets at each position following package instructions. Be sure to apply so top of grommet is on the right side of the belt.