SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• ½ yard felt fabric
• Embroidery floss: light green, dark green, coral, magenta, light blue, dark blue, gray, light brown and dark brown.
• Embroidery hoop (optional)
• Embroidery needle
• Provided pattern template
• Water erasable pen (safe for felt)
• 5½”x9½” notebook
Directions are for a 5½”x9½” spiral notebook. Adjust as needed for various size notebooks.
1. To create the notebook cover, cut a piece of felt 5¾”x27½”. Fold felt in half and mark the middle with the water erasable pen. Trace the embroidery pattern onto the felt, lining up the top of the pattern with the line marked on the felt.
2. Cut a strip of felt 5”x1¼”. Trace the embroidery pattern for the tree trunk onto the strip. Using the back stich, embroider the wood grain pattern, but not the outline of the trunk. Attach the 5”x1¼” strip to the notebook cover by embroidering the tree trunk outline through both pieces of fabric. This becomes the pencil pocket for the notebook cover.
3. Using various colors of embroidery floss, embroider the rest of the pattern.
4. When completed, mark approximately 4¼” down from the top and 4¼” up from the bottom and fold sections under. Stitch up each side to make sleeves on both ends. Place the front and back covers of the notebook into the pockets, and close.