1. Paint the Styrofoamâ„¢ ball and allow to dry.
2. Cut 2 or 3 lengths of thick wire about 3" long.
3. Wrap the skinny wire around the thick cord tightly to form the stem. Curl the ends over at the top.
4. Glue the beads on the ball. Cover a little over 1/2 way.
5. Cut a circle out of the thick wire that is slightly bigger than the top of the acorn.
6. Cut out the fabric petal shapes. Refer to picture.
7. Start by gluing the first layer on the metal wire circle. Wrap fabric shapes over the wire to cover.
8. Glue the wire circle with the first layer of petals onto the top of the beaded ball.
9. Take stem and insert the bottom into the Styrofoam ball. Secure with glue.
10. Add stuffing and continue to glue the petals/cord until almost reaching the stem.
11. To finish round one, end the petals and glue where the fabric connects to the stem.
12. Add fall leaves.
If using cord, skip steps 5-8. Start wrapping the cord and gluing directly onto the beaded ball to create the top. Add stuffing if desired.