SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• Extra Wide Fleece- Solid
• Extra Wide Fleece- Print
• Sewing machine
• Basic sewing supplies
• Measuring tool
• Duvet insert
• Buttons (optional)
39" x 75" Twin size comforter, duvet or blanket
54" x 75" Full size comforter, duvet or blanket
60" x 80" Queen size comforter, duvet or blanket
76" x 80" King size blanket
1. Use the measurements of the duvet insert to measure out the size needed for the fleece cover.
2. Add an extra 1" seam allowance throughout and mark fabric to cut.
3. Cut both the printed fleece and the solid fleece to the same measurements.
4. With right sides together, sew the right side, top and left side of the cover together. Flip right side out.
5. Insert the duvet into the fleece cover and fluff so that the insert is evenly spread.
6. Fold the fleece on the bottom under 1” all around and hand stitch cover closed.
7. Option: create button holes and attach button for a fleece cover that can be removed and washed separate from the duvet.
Extra Wide fleece can be found in prints and solids! For a look all your own, mix and match a favorite print and the perfect solid compliment color.
Prints are large scale to make an extra impactful statement.
The heavy weight fleece makes this material perfect for bedding, duvets and blankets.