1. To prevent unraveling, wrap tape around the beginning of the cord, and trim off frayed pieces. Measure the 130" needed, tape and cut the other end.
2. Using a rotary cutter, mat and ruler, cut the fabric 45 degrees diagonally across the weave into 1" strips. Strips should total Approx.ly 200”.
3. Set machine to zigzag, width 3–4, and length 2–3.
4. Begin by wrapping one end plus 3" of the cord with a fabric strip. Fold the covered end down 1" to start the coil, and place coiled center under the presser foot. Slowly zigzag over coil, so stitch joins the adjacent cord.
5. While the coil is being held under the presser foot, continue wrapping the cord by progressively overlapping the fabric 1/4". Use a clip to hold the fabric in place.
6. Continue stitching by carefully turning coiled cord in a circular motion. Stop with about 3" of fabric strip left, and fold in a new fabric strip with a 1” overlap. Clip to hold overlapped ends while you wrap the new piece of fabric. Clip the end to hold fabric in place. Continue coiling, wrapping and stitching to reach the end of the cord.
7. To finish, tuck wrapped cord tail under coaster and stitch. Trim excess fabric.