SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
(Should yield 3 plant cozys)
2. Fuse the interfacing to your outer fabric by applying the shiny side of interfacing to the back of your outer fabric.
3.Apply a warm iron to adhere the interfacing to the back of the fabric. Do not let the iron touch the shiny side of the interfacing. It will stick and ruin your iron.
4.Print your project template. There will be a circle and a rectangle.
5.On your cutting mat, lay down your liner fabric, then place the firm interfaced outer fabric directly on top of the liner.
6. Use your template to cut out your pattern. Set your liner shapes aside.
7. Sew your outer fabric circle to the long end of the outer fabric rectangle in a round, then stitch your cylinder closed as shown.
8. Repeat this process with your liner circle and rectangle. When you stitch your cylinder closed on the liner, be sure to leave a small opening so you can turn it out.
9. You will now have two cylinders, one outer and one liner. Set aside.
10. Grab your leather. Using your clear ruler, cut a 1” by 2” leather tab.
11. Set grommet in the end of the leather tab according to instructions on grommet kit.
12. Fit the outer cylinder into the liner cylinder “right” sides together, lining up the side seams.
13. Slip your grommeted leather strap between the two cylinders at the seam and pin or clip. Grommet will be inside at this point and hidden while you stitch all the way around the top. Be sure to backstitch a few times over the leather tab to strengthen the stitch.
14. Turn everything right side out through the hole you left in the side stitch of the liner. Stitch liner closed if desired.
15. Press around the top of the planter being careful to not touch the leather with the iron.
16. Topstitch around the top of the plant cozy.
17. Drop in a potted plant, hang on a nail or hook and enjoy!