1. Cut out 4 bodice pieces on polka dot fabric with pattern for bodice and facing.
2. Cut out 2 16½"x38" pieces of owl fabric for body of dress.
3. Cut out 2 16½"x38" pieces of purple fabric for lining of dress.
4. Cut 2 12"x5½" pieces of white fabric for shoulder straps.
5. Cut 1 2"x50" of black fabric for bow.
6. Cut 1 4-1/2"x4½" of white fabric for pocket.
7. Cut 2 38"x4½" of polka dot fabric for trim to lining of dress.
8. Stitch bodice front to bodice back at side seams. Stitch bodice facing same way.
9. Fold shoulder strap in half, lengthwise, and stitch.
10. Turn shoulder straps right side out and press.
11. On outside, pin straps to back bodice, ½" away from armhole.
12. With right sides together, stitch bodice and facing together along armhole edges and top of bodice.
13. Fold in edges of straps and stitch close to edge.
14. Turn facing to the inside and make buttonholes on front bodice by matching up straps to where they should be.
15. Hand stitch buttons to straps.
16. Stitch side seams of owl body together.
17. On one end gather with a basting stitch.
18. Fold up other end ½" and stitch close to folded edge.
19. Stitch purple lining pieces together at side seams. On one end gather with a basting stitch.
20. Width wise, stitch together polka dot trim.
21. On other end of purple lining attach the polka dot trim.
22. Fold up ½“ and stitch near folded edge.
23. Attach gathered skirt and lining to bodice with right sides together. Press.
24. Fold ½" down on all sides of pocket piece and press.
25. Stitch pocket in desired location on dress bottom.
26. Lengthwise, stitch bow piece together. Flip right side out and press.
27. Tie bow around seam where bodice and skirt meet.
28. Hand stitch bow to dress and bow tie to stay.