1. Create a border at the bottom of the board, using green patterned paper to create “hills.”
2. Cut two lengths of shipping paper to about 24” long.
3. Starting approximately two-thirds of the way down, twist the two pieces of shipping paper into a tree-trunk shape.
4. Once the trunk starts to take shape, begin stapling it to the board, moving from the bottom toward the middle.
5. Starting at the top, make two 8” cuts in each section of paper.
6. Twist each of the sections into branches for the tree, stapling them to the board while working.
7. Adhere red & yellow patterned fabric to cardstock. Die-cut Leaves from patterned fabric, patterned paper & cork.
8. Arrange leaves in groups of two, three or four along the branches, placing a few “fallen” Leaves on the ground, and adhere.
9. Choosing the large Butterfly, stamp the image on white cardstock using black ink. Once the ink has dried, embellish the Butterfly with distress markers.
10. Place the embellished Butterfly right-side-up on a cutting pad and place the cutting pad on the Sizzix® magnetic platform. Use the magnetic platform to register the matching Butterfly Framelit (blade-side down) over the image and sandwich it with a second cutting pad. Run the entire sandwich through the Sizzix(R) die-cutting machine.
11. Score the stamped Butterfly image in the center and adhere it to the tree.
12. Cut a 3”x12” strip of yellow patterned paper for the title.
13. Write the phrase “FALL INTO READING” in pencil. Then, carefully trace the letters and fill in the outlines with black marker or embellish as desired.