Felt Heart Ornament
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Felt squares: pink, white & red
- Pearl cotton
- Small amount of fiberfill
- Pinking shears
- Hand sewing needle
- Cut one back piece from desired color of felt with pinking shears.
- Cut one front from contrasting felt.
- Cut out the small heart shape in the front piece.
- Cut a piece of contrasting felt a little larger than the cut out to fit behind the opening. Pin in place.
- Use one strand of pearl cotton and stitch all around heart.
- Pin the front to the back and using one strand of pearl cotton and stitch all around heart leaving an opening at the end and lightly stuff ornament.
- Continue stitching ornament closed.
- Make a bow from a length of pearl cotton and tack onto heart.
- Tack a length of cotton in a loop to the back for a hanger.