SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wood frame chalkboard
- Paint, in choice of color & white
- Yarn, multiple colors
- Painter’s tape/masking tape
- Tape off chalkboard with painter’s tape or masking tape.
- Paint frame with choice of color and allow to dry. Apply a second coat if needed and allow to dry.
- Water white paint down slightly and, using long, sweeping strokes, brush onto frame to create a white wash.
- Add more water to make more translucent or less water to make more opaque.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut 20 - 10" strands of the same color yarn.
- Gather strands and tie a knot in the middle.
- Tie off right beneath knot with an extra piece of yarn.
- Trim bottom of tassel so it is even.
- Repeat 1-4 with all the colors chosen until there are the desired amount of tassels; about 11 tassels per 2 yds. of twine.
- Cut twine to desired length.
- String tassels onto twine using 2-3 strands at the top of the knot of each tassel.
- Adjust as necessary to make even spacing between tassels.
For tassels, wrap yarn 20 times around a jar or glass with approximately 10" circumference, pull off and cut in half. This will make the process quicker.