SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Favorite sugar cookie and royal icing recipe
- Circle cookie cutter
- Wilton food coloring gels in red and blue
- Wilton disposable icing bags
- Baking sheet
- Rolling pin
- Wilton tip #3
- Mix and roll out sugar cookie dough. Use circle cookie cutters to make cookies. Putting cookies on cookie set and then placing it in the fridge for a few minutes before baking will help keep the shape of the sugar cookies.
- Preheat oven and bake cookies following cookie recipe.
- Make royal icing, separate into thirds. Cut the tip of three disposable icing bags and place a #3 tip into each bag. Color and bag one third of icing red, another blue and leave one white. Royal icing should be a flood consistency.
- Once cooled, flood cookies with white royal icing. Immediately add a dot in the center of the cookie with either red or blue flood icing. Continue making circle moving towards the edge of the cookie.
- Pull a toothpick through the colored icing starting at the center of the cookie all the way to the edge. Repeat around the cookie to create a firework design.