14” Fleece Flower Pillows (Pink)
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Fleece Soft Sculpture Flower (Purple)
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Note: Refer to diagrams for drawing petals onto fleece before sewing.
Petals are approximately 1” apart; 1” down from the top and 2” or 3” up from the
1. Cut 2 pieces 6” x WOF.
2. Lay on flat surface with RST.
3. Use a chalk pencil to draw the petals as shown in diagram #1.
4. Machine stitch on chalk line.
5. Cut away extra fabric ½” from stitching.
6. Clip curves and turn RS out.
7. Sew bottom closed 1/2” from edge. Set aside.
8. Cut 2 pieces 14” x WOF.
9. Follow steps 2 – 6 and draw petals as shown in diagram #2.
10. Turn RS out; top stitch ½” from seam line all the way along petals.
11. Lightly stuff each petal.
12. Sew bottom closed 1/2” from edge. Set aside.
13. Cut 2 16” x WOF and repeat using diagram #3.
14. Cut 2 12” circles from green fleece.
15. With RST, sew circles together using a ½” seam leaving an opening for turning.
16. Clip curve; turn RS out.
17. Lightly stuff into a ball shape and slip stitch opening closed.
18. Sew a long running stitch along bottom edge of largest petals (diagram #3); pull
stitching to gather and fit pillow “ball”.
19. Stitch petals to “ball”.
20. Sew another long running stitch all around bottom edge of largest petals and pull
stitching to form flower into a tighter shape.
K:InspirationResourcesCrafter directionsWriting Directions.doc
21. Sew a long running stitch along bottom edge of medium petals (diagram #2); pull
stitching to gather and fit inside of the petals.
22. Stitch petals through all thicknesses to center ball.
23. Use hot glue to help keep petals in place and form.
24. Sew a long running stitch along bottom edge of smallest petals (diagram #1); pull
stitching to gather.
25. Beginning with the smallest petal; roll the petals to fit inside the two larger sets.
26. Stitch or hot glue together.
27. Place center petals inside flower and hot glue in place.
28. Cut 2 of the outside cover.
29. Sew bottom sides together.
30. Clip curves and turn RS out.
31. Sew a running stitch along top ½” from edge.
32. Slip cover over center “ball” and up over bottom edge of petals.
33. Pull gathers to fit evenly around and slip stitch or glue to flower.