SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Floral moss bowls
- Floral moss in package
- 3"-4" electric candles
- 1 package rice lights
- Wood or any type of candle sticks with flat base on top
1. Place batteries in both rice lights & electric candles to ensure they light.
2. Place rice light battery pack along inside of moss bowl and thread the rice lights in and out of the bowl so some of the little lights are seen from the outside of the bowl.
3. Place battery candles in center of moss bowl.
4. Fill with loose moss until you do not see the wires of the rice lights inside the bowl.
5. Place on top of candlestick glue in place if necessary.
Fall Wood Trivets and Plaques
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Piece of natural wood with tree bark still on it, size of your choice
- 1 Woodburning kit with the different tips
- 6” piece of twine
- Staple gun
- 1 pencil
- Ruler at least 12” wide
1. Figure out how many lines of wording you want on your wood plaque.
2. Lines are usually ¾” apart in spacing.
3. Draw a centerline in the plaque from top to bottom.
4. Count the number of letters in each line including the spaces. Divide the number in half to determine the middle letter of the sentence.
5. Start drawing the letters from the centerline to the right and then come back to the centerline and draw the letters working from the center to the right to complete the sentence. Do this for each line.
6. Another option is to lay out the entire verse on your computer. Print it the size you would like it to be on the plaque. Tape the piece of paper down on the plaque where you want the verbiage to be woodburned. Slide a piece of carbon paper underneath the printed verbiage and retrace the letters onto the plaque.
7. Using the woodburner follow the instructions on the box. Preferably use the smaller slanted tip to burn in the letter.
8. Attach a 6” piece of twine with a staple gun on the back for hanging the plaque on the wall when not in use.