SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• 2 regular T-shirts
• 14-20 large-holed beads
• Sewing machine
• Basic sewing supplies
• Iron & pressing surface
1/4” seam allowance used.
1. Enlarge pattern pieces.
2. For tank top, cut the sleeves and collar off along seam lines.
3. Cut shoulder seams open.
4. Fold t-shirt in half and use pattern to re-cut armholes and front neckline. Do not cut sides.
5. Repeat with back piece.
6. For fringe bib, cut the front off of one t-shirt.
7. Fold bib piece in half and use pattern to cut front neckline.
8. Cut straight down sides and cut off bottom hem.
9. Cut bib from the bottom to 1” from top edge every inch for 14 beads (or every 3/4” or 1/2” for more fringe).
10. Place the right side on the bib onto the wrong side of the top.
11. Sew neckline seam.
12. Clip curves and turn bib to right side of top. Press
13. Baste bib to shoulders.
14. With RST, sew shoulder seams. Press seam to back.
15. Make a narrow hem on back by turning under 1/4”, then again 1/4”. Stitch around back neck and around front.
16. Sew a narrow hem around sleeves, do not catch bib fringe.
17. Thread beads onto fringe and place as desired. Knot fringe below bead if necessary