Finished Size: 8 1/2”x40”
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pkg Little Dress BoutiqueHaley 1 Yard
- 2 Little Dress BoutiqueHaley Fabric Quarters: Fuchsia Multi Stripe
- Rotary cutter, acrylic ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Read all instructions before beginning project. Do not pre-wash fabrics. Use a 1/4” seam allowance and sew fabrics with right sides together (RST) unless otherwise noted. Backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam to secure stitching. Before cutting, press fabrics with a dry iron on cotton setting.
Dark Pink Trellis (Fabric A): 2 – 9”x40½”
Fuchsia Multi Stripe (Fabric B): 2 – 9”x20½” from each Fabric Quarter
- Place Fabric A pieces RST and pin along one short edge. Sew together making one long strip; press seam open.
- Place two Fabric B pieces RST and pin along one short edge; sew together. Repeat with remaining pair of Fabric B strips. Sew these two pieces together along one short edge to make one long strip. Press all seams open.
- Place the two long pieces RST together and pin along long edges. Beginning ½” from one end sew the two strips together, stopping ½” from the opposite end. Repeat to sew the other long edge.
- Turn tube right side out through one open end and press well with seams running along long edges.
- With Fabric B facing up, press the cut edge of one short end ½” back toward the right side. Repeat on opposite short end of the Fabric B.
- Check that the fabric is not twisted then fold the tube in half matching the right sides of the Fabric A cut edges; pin together. Check that the Fabric B is folded back from the pins. Using a ½” seam allowance, sew Fabric A short ends together. Press seam open.
- Press one short end of Fabric B flat and lay over the Fabric A seam.
- Fold the remaining cut edge of Fabric B ½” to the inside and press. Neatly hand stitch the folded edge in place.
To wear the infinity scarf, place the large loop over your head, twist, then place the smaller loop over your head. Adjust and enjoy wearing your reversible fashion scarf!
Finished Care Instructions:
Machine wash gentle cycle in cold water. Tumble dry on low or hang to dry.