1. Lay placemat on a piece of cardboard to protect surface; secure with tape.
2. Position cloud stencil on placemat and tape in place.
3. Load a stencil brush with Licorice paint. Blot on paper towel.
4. Use a pouncing motion to stencil. Allow to dry.
5. Repeat with Black Chalkboard paint. Allow to dry. Reapply for opaque coverage. Allow to dry completely.
6. Use pencil to trace words or a short message on paper to create a spacing template.
7. Use template to position word on placemat.
8. Stencil word or message on placemat with Licorice one letter at a time. Make sure each letter is dry before laying down another stencil to avoid smearing paint. Let dry.