SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- ½ yd Fabric or 1 Fat Quarter for Outside
- ½ yd Chalkboard Vinyl for Lining
- 1 yd ¾” Ribbon
- Disappearing Fabric Marker
- Matching Thread
- Iron and ironing surface
- Basic sewing supplies
Use ½” seam allowance
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for sewing and using chalkboard vinyl
- Cut 1 each 19”w x 16”h of fabric and vinyl.
- Measure down 5” from the top on one side of vinyl; fold ribbon in half and pin or baste to edge of vinyl.
- With RST, sew vinyl lining to outside fabric; leaving an opening in one side below the ribbon.
- Clip corners and turn RS out; press. (NOTE: do not press on RS of vinyl)
- Turn up 5” on bottom to create pocket; pin.
- Edge stitch all around
- Use marker to draw stitching lines onto pocket front every 1 ½” or as desired.
- Stitch lines.