SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Glass canister
- Girl Scout fabric
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Acrylic paint
- Small paintbrush
- Toothpicks or fallen twigs
- A piece of wax paper or other nonstick surface
- *Please don’t take foliage from living plants
- Fill the bottom of the container with dirt an inch or two high. If desired, make a hill of dirt in part of the container.
- Add rocks on top of the dirt (leave a space for your tent and sleeping bag).
- To Make the Tent:
- Cut a 3”x 3” square out of a piece of fabric to make the tent. Fold in half.
- Use a straight piece of twig and cut it a little longer than your fabric length. Glue it to the inside center of the fabric.
- Find v shaped twigs and glue them to the ends of the straight twig piece. Glue the fabric to it as well.
- Put the tent on a clear area in the canister.
- To Make the Sleeping Bag:
- Cut a 4”x 1” piece of fabric for the sleeping bag.
- Cut the same size piece of fabric out of a contrasting fabric.
- Glue the back sides together.
- Fold the sleeping bag in half and glue the inside together.
- Fold the top piece down to form a triangle and glue together.
- Place in the canister.
Put greenery in the canister around the tent to create a forest look.