SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wood crate
- Foamcore board cut to size of inside crate bottom
- Batting 2" larger all around than Foamcore board
- Quilt fabric 3" larger all around than Foamcore board
- Tacky glue
- Straight pins
- Acrylic paint in colors to coordinate with fabric
- White chalk paint
- Paint outside of the crate and between wood strips with the chalk paint. When dry sand lightly for a distressed look.
- Paint inside of crate with acrylic paint color that coordinates with the fabric. Allow to dry. Apply a second coat if needed.
- Pick a motif from the fabric print and paint it enlarged on the outside of the crate.
- Trim Foamcore board 1/4" (or less) all around to give space for the batting and fabric but still be snug when pushed to the bottom of the crate.
- Place batting on top of the board and wrap around to the back. Glue in place.
- Place fabric on top of the board and wrap around to the back. Glue in place. Use straight pins as needed to hold the fabric until the glue dries.
- Hang crate on the wall.
- Place fabric covered board in bottom of crate.