SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd. white cotton spandex fabric
- Dylon® fabric dye – red & brown
- Dye squirt bottle
- Rubber bands
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Surface cover
- Lay fabric flat and fold one end down by 2", accordion fold the rest of the fabric until it is a long strip.
- Accordion fold the strip by 2” until the entire piece of fabric is folded in to a 2" cube. Secure with rubber bands on all sides.
- Mix red and brown dye to create a “beet” color. Fill squirt bottle with dye.
- Squirt fabric until all visible fabric is covered with dye. (Do not submerge fabric in dye). Allow to dry.
- Cut rubber bands and launder as instructed on fabric and dye instructions.
- Cut fabric to 52"x36".
- Fold fabric in half to 26"x36".
- Cut an 11" slit in fabric for neck hole.
- Sew edges using a double folded hem.