SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pkg each of orange, white & brown colored feathers
- Black feathers
- White cardstock
- Small, sharp scissors
- Black marker
- Fabri-tac Glue
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks (optional)
- Three 1/2" black pom poms
- Refer to photo for color and feather placement.
- To print the snout pattern, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Enlarge pattern and cut out from white cardstock.
- Clip top edge as indicated and gently pre-roll into a cone shape.
- Glue to underside of mask's "nose"; matching dot to edge of mask. Let dry.
- When dry, roll into a cone shape, overlapping and gluing bottom and leaving a small hole in the end. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Take a long orange feather with a fuzzy end, and glue it to the top of the snout.
- Trim off the fuzzy ends of white feathers and glue around snout.
- With flat orange feathers, glue around outside edge of mask extending feathers out about 2".
- Using flat white feathers, glue to underside of eyes to make "cheeks".
- Continue gluing orange flat feathers around top of mask.
- Use a dark and light brown feather for each ear; glue in place.
- Cut the fuzzy end off of a black feather and carefully clip one side off.
- Carefully glue to top edge of eye to make "lashes".
- Use a marker to draw a black line along bottom of eye.
- Glue a pom pom over the hole in the snout; glue the 2 other pom poms on top of first one.
- Trim off any excess feathers cleanly around eye opening.
Hint: Separate feathers into color piles.