SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fabric scissors
- Tape measure
- Sewing machine
- NEW Sharp Microtex Machine Needles
- Pattern Simplicity® S1200 Misses Skirt
- Silver Metallics Shiny Lame fabric
- 2 Hook closures
- 7” Zipper
- Stitch Witchery®
Follow Simplicity® pattern S1200 — use pattern version C
Tips and Tricks:
- Metallic fabric is synthetic. Always use a pressing cloth when ironing to avoid ruining your fabric.
- When cutting out your patterns, but sure to use a large table or lay your fabric out on the floor so there is not any fabric hanging over the edge of a table (this will pull on your silky fabric and cause your pattern to not cut out correctly).
- Use pattern weights instead of pins so you do not snag or scratch the Lame fabric and use sharp, new pins when sewing.
- To finish the hem of the skirt, use Stitch Witchery® for a cleaner appearance.