SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd. ea. - 2 patriotic novelty fabrics
- ½ yd. - 1 coordinating patriotic fabric for last strip
- 1/4 yd. -Novelty fabric for top casing pocket
- 1–dowel rod
- Paint for dowel rod
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Matching thread
Needs finished size 30” x 15”
- (1/2” seam allowance)
- Cut 1 – 5 1/2” x 18” from top fabric
- Cut 1 – 5 1/2” x 30” from middle fabric
- Cut 2 – 5 1/2” x 25” of fabric for bottom fabric.
- Cut 1 – 4” x Width from casing fabric
- Gather top of first fabric 1/4” from cut edge and again 1/2” from edge.
- Pull the threads and gather as tight as possible. Tie ends.
- Gather top of middle fabric and evenly pin and stitch to bottom of 1st fabric .
- Sew the two pieces of last fabric together at short ends
- Gather top of last fabric and stitch to bottom of 2nd fabric.
- Trim seams and press all towards top.
- Narrow the hem on the last strip.
- Narrow the hem of both sides of banner.
- Cut casing 4 1/2” x width of fabric.
- Press under 1/4” on one long side of casing.
- With RST stitch casing to top of bunting leaving excess of fabric on both sides.
- Fold sides in and stitch 1/2” in from sides. Trim excess
- Fold fabric to back with folded edge over seam. Sew along edge to form casing.
- Insert dowel rod.
- Mark each strip edge into 3rds before gathering. This will help in spreading out the gathers evenly.