SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 5 Coordinating fabrics — 3/4 yd (outside color), 5/8 yd, 5/8 yd, 1/2 yd, 3/8 yd (inside color)
- 2 Pieces of 1/2" Batting 25"x 31"
- Heavy-duty trifold display board (opens to 36"x 48")
- Craft knife
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Glue flaps of board closed.
- Enlarge pattern to 24"x 30" (300%)
- Lay pattern onto glued board and cut out shape.
- Layer the 2 pieces of batting together and cut out the pattern shape.
- Cut out pattern along inner lines.
- Cut out each inner piece adding 1/2" seam allowance to inside and outside of each piece and adding 3" to the bottom edge of each piece.
- Cut the outer piece adding 1/2" seam allowance only to inside and adding 3" to the bottom and outside edge of piece.
- Sew pieces together with a 1/2" seam allowance beginning with the center pieces.
- Center the batting on the wrong side and baste or pin in place.
- Quilt through all thicknesses along seam lines.
- Glue the quilted piece onto the cardboard shape.
- Turn over and glue edges to back side, clipping curves as needed.