SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: Medium Purple A (1 skein)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: Blue B (1 skein)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: Turqua C
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: Spring Green D (1 skein)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: Bright Yellow E (1 skein)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: Pumpkin F (1 skein)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: Cherry Red G (1 skein)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: Perfect Pink H (1 skein)
- 9"x 12" pieces of white felt
- 5' Foam insulation tubing with peel & stick adhesive
- Hot glue gun
- Piece of 7" sturdy cardboard (for tassels)
Step 1: Cut the foam insulation tubing lengthwise down the center. Peel & stick the tubing to itself to form 2 lengths of tubing that are 5' long each.
Step 2: Cut tubing into 8 graduating lengths for a rainbow. See finished photo for details.
Step 3: Cut white felt into strips. Wrap tube and hot glue in place.
Step 4: Beginning with the shortest piece of tubing and A, wrap piece, covering all of the white felt.
Step 5: Fold in half and tie (with A) to secure. See finished photo for details.
Step 6: Using B and the next longest piece of tubing, repeat Step 4.
Step 7: Hot glue the wrapped tubing around the arch of the previous one.
Step 8: Repeat Steps 6 and 7 until all of the tubing pieces are wrapped and glued together.
Make 2 tassels in each color.
Step 1: Wrap yarn evenly around piece of cardboard until the tassel is the size you want. Cut yarn.
Step 2: Cut a 6" piece of yarn and slip it under one half (top) of the tassel. Tie tightly.
Step 3: Cut opposite end of tassel and remove from cardboard.
Step 4: Cut a 12" piece of yarn and wrap around neck of tassel. Tie securely and trim.
Using hot glue, attach tassels to the bottoms of the matching arches of the rainbow.
A, B, etc = Color A, B, etc
cm = centimeters