SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yard each of 16 coordinating print quilt fabrics
- 1/4 yard each of 7 solid quilt fabrics
- 1 3/8 yard quilt fabric for backing
- 36"x 50" piece of batting
- Template plastic
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
Wall hanging size 33"x 47".
Use 1/4" seam throughout
- Cut one strip 8 1/2" x WOF from each of the 1/4 yard pieces.
- Make a template from plastic following pattern. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Using template, cut 4 triangles from each of 10 of the print strips, cut 3 triangles from each of the 6 remaining print strips. From each of the solid strips cut 2 triangles. You will have a total of 72 triangles.
- Sew 12 triangles together in strips as shown in Diagram A. Make 6 strips.
- Press each triangle strip in opposite direction for easy nesting when sewing.
- Sew rows together.
- Trim sides as shown in Diagram B.
- Sandwich the backing, batting and top. Quilt as desired.
- Trim and sew on binding.