SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® Jack-O‘-Lantern Pan with Flutes
- Wilton 14.5 x 20 in. Cooling Grid
- Wilton Decorating Tip 2A
- Wilton Decorating tip 6B
- Wilton Decorating Tip 3
- Wilton 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Wilton 2-Pc. Modeling Stick Set
- Wilton 9 in. Fondant Roller (pink rings used)
- Wilton 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Wilton 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Wilton Decorating Brush Set
- Wilton Buttercream Icing recipe (on wilton.com)
- Wilton Black Icing Color
- Wilton Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Wilton Kelly Green Icing Color
- Wilton Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Wilton Orange Icing Color
- Wilton Rose Icing Color
- Wilton Royal Blue Icing Color
- Wilton Teal Icing Color
- Wilton Violet Icing Color
- Wilton Piping Gel
- Wilton White Sparkling Sugar
- Wilton Decorator Preferred White Fondant (24 oz.)
- Favorite chocolate cake mix or recipe
- Black candy-coated chocolate rounds (1 1/4 cups needed)
- Black string licorice
*Combine Violet and Rose for purple. Combine Kelly Green and Teal for green. Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden yellow for yellow. Combine Royal Blue and Black for blue
Makes: 10-12 servings
- Prepare fondant and make “candy”. Divide fondant and tint green, yellow, orange, rose and blue and reserve some white. Mold a variety of candy shapes in all colors.
- Taffy: Shape fondant into 3/4 x 1/2 in. rectangle. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut out circle using wide end of tip 6B; cut in half. Gather long edge into fan shape. Use small modeling stick to make a hole in short end of rectangle, one on each side. Add a dot of piping gel and insert end of fan shape into hold to adhere.
- Candy sticks/lollipops, coiled candy: Roll two to five colors of fondant into logs 1 1/2 -2 in. x 1/4 in. dia. Twist together then roll on surface into one smooth log. Roll various widths. For sticks, cut fondant logs into lengths. For lollipops, roll into coils, using small amount of piping gel to adhere coils. Insert 4 in. lollipop sticks into pop at coil end. For coiled candy, roll into coil and make wrapper fans using white fondant, following direction for taffy.
- Gumdrops: Mold fondant into gumdrop shapes, flat on the bottom with rounded tops. Brush with piping gel then roll in sparking sugars.
- Fruit dots: Use fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut out circle using wide end of tip 3. Roll circle into ball and flatten slightly.
- Candy roll: Use fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut out two circles of each color using small end of tip 2A. Stack fondant together using piping gel. Make wrapper fans using white fondant, following direction for taffy, but using wide end of tip 2A. Attach to ends of roll using piping gel.
- Make cake and prepare board. Bake one layer cake; cool and level. Position cake on board.
- Tint icing and ice cake. Tint buttercream icing purple. Trim stem off, cake creating a slightly indented top edge. Use spatula and purple buttercream icing to ice cake. Use edge of spatula to mark lines.
- Decorate cake. Fill eyes, nose and mouth cavities with black candy-coated chocolate rounds. Insert ends of 15-16 in. length black licorice into cake for handle. Arrange candy, inserting some candy sticks and lollipop ends into cake.