SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Patterns Simplicity® 8105 & New Look® NL6556
- Knit fabric of choice
- Pom pom trim
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Sewing notions
- Create the Mommy Top using pattern New Look® NL6556
- Changes to Simplicity® 8105:
- Eliminate back yoke seam:
- Using upper back (#3) & lower back pieces (#4), overlap back yoke 1 1/4" (5/8" + 5/8" seam allowance) starting at underarm seam.
- Extend remainder of lower back pattern past CB.
- Draw straight line along CB from neck to hem (this will eliminate gathering below yoke.)
- Eliminate gathering on front (#2) at shoulder.
- Using pattern front (#2), cut 4 slashes starting at shoulder towards body 4-5" long.
- Overlap slashed lines equally about 1/4" until they match length of back (#3) shoulder seam.
- Tape or pin pattern together to keep its new shape.
- Reshape front & back hem:
- Reshape front hem starting at CF and going towards side seam with a slight curve up.
- Reshape back hem starting at side seam, matching hem line from front, draw a deep curve to center back.
- Adjust sleeve length:
- Using sleeve pattern (#6) start 3" below armhole at sleeve underarm seam to 3" below armhole at opposite side, draw a straight line across to create new sleeve hem.
In pattern directions:
Eliminate step 1 (gathering)
Eliminate step 2 (back yoke seam)
Eliminate only the gathering in step 3
Add pom pom trim to sleeve hem after step 10