SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Your favorite roll-out cookie dough recipe
- Meringue powder
- Black icing color
- Buttercup yellow icing color*
- Brown icing color*
- Metallic cake painting set
- 5-Piece decorating brush set
- Black sanding sugar
- Pearlized gold sanding sugar
- Rolling pin
- Jelly roll pan
- Skull cookie cutter
- Cooling grid
- Disposable decorating bags
- Round decorating tip 6 (2 needed)
*Combine buttercup yellow and brown icing colors to get gold color shown.
- Prepare cookie dough following recipe instructions. Using skull cutter, cut out cookies. Bake and cool.
- Following instructions on Meringue Powder, prepare royal icing. Using black icing color, tint 1 1/2 cups icing black. Tint 1 1/2 cups icing gold using color combination provided.
- Following instructions on powder package, thin 1/2 cup of each color to count of 20.
- Prepare two decorating bags separately, with thinned black and gold icing. Reserve full-strength black and gold icing for later step.
- Using thinned icing, pipe facial features. Let dry 8 to 10 hours or overnight.
- Using gold metallic paint and decorating brush, paint over gold facial features. Let dry, about 1 hour.
- Decorate cookies. Prepare two decorating bags separately, with tip 6 and full strength black and gold icing.
- On cookies with black facial features, use gold icing to fill in remainder of cookies. Immediately top with gold sugars.
- On cookies with gold facial features, use black icing to fill in remainder of cookies. Immediately top with black sugars.
- Let all cookies dry 8 to 10 hours or overnight.