SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- General sewing supplies
- 3 Fat quarters
- Collared shirt
- Template (provided)
- Sewing machine
- Use collar on shirt as a template for fabric, allow an extra 1/2" for seam allowance; cut two of desired fabric.
- With right sides together, stitch upper edges, leaving bottom open.
- Turn and press.
- Press bottom edge 1/2" toward inside.
- Slip over collar of original shirt, pin.
- Stitch around outside edges.
- To print the template, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Cut two pieces.
- Stitch to knees of pants.
- Cut 2 - 9-1/2" x 12" and 1 - 3" x 5" rectangles out of desired fabric.
- With right sides together, sew 2 larger pieces together, leaving a 2" opening in the middle of one side; turn and press.
- Fold smaller piece in half, right sides together, stitch long side; turn and press.
- Gather larger piece in the middle.
- Wrap smaller piece around middle, stitch.
- Pin to dress where desired, pulling the edges out wide to create bow; stitch.