1. Wash scarf and leave damp. Lay out on covered work surface.
2. Scrunch scarf and loosely secure with rubber bands.
3. Mix One Step dyes according to package instructions. Colors used here are Yellow, Fuchsia and Purple.
4. Pour approximately 1/2" of Fuchsia and Purple dyes into extra mixing bottles. Fill with water and test on scrap fabric, adding dye or water until desired diluted shade is achieved.
5. First apply diluted colors randomly to scarf. Drip/squirt full strength colors next to achieve an abstract pattern.
6. Cover dyed scarf with plastic table cover and let set 6-8 hours.
7. Remove rubber bands and rinse scarf under running water to remove excess dye.
8. Wash scarf and allow to air dry.