SupplieS & ToolS:
Tulip Soft Fabric Paint:
Matte Glacier White
Matte Royal Blue
Neon Hot Pink
Tulip Fine Line Fabric Markers, black
Tulip Fashion Form
Paintbrushes: No. 4 liner, no. 8 round
Foam plate for palette
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash and dry T-shirt before decorating; do not use fabric softener. Insert Fashion Form between layers of
2. Use a copy machine to enlarge lion pattern to desired size, then trace onto tracing paper.
3. Flip tracing over and trace over back side of design with chalk. Flip back over and place chalk side down onto
center of shirt. Press hands over design to transfer design in chalk onto shirt.
4. Refer ing to photo for inspiration, paint in most of lion design with Glacier White, leaving darkest areas of design
unpainted to al ow the black background of the T-shirt to come through. Apply Glacier White heaviest where
highlights are strong, and fade out color at the back and underside of the mane.
5. Add details to lions face with Lime, brushing some to top of ear and randomly on other areas of mane as shown.
6. Brush Hot Pink randomly on other areas of mane.
7. Add shading to mane with Royal Blue, allowing some of Black background to remain visible. Let paints dry
8. Use the black Fabric Marker to add details to mane, around eye, and to draw in whiskers.
9. Let dry 72 hours before laundering.
more projects, tips & techniques at JOANN.com
Created by iLoveToCreate
Skill Level 2: Some Experience Necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 2 hours
Please read and follow all manufacturers instructions for all tools and materials used.
Provide adult supervision if children participate in this project.
2012 JOANN Stores, Inc.