SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
? Worsted weight yarn
? Knitting needles size 8
? Measuring tape
? Flower embellishment
? Velcro – 1 ½ “ piece
? Needle and thread
1. Measure mug height inside the
handle of the mug to determine the
height of the cozy.
2. Measure the diameter of the mug. Multiply the number of inches by 4 for the number of
stitches to cast on. Be sure it is an even number.
3. Cast on the stitch count determined in step 2.
4. Row 1. K1, p1 [k1, p1] to end.
5. Repeat row 1 until the length of the piece measures the height determined in step 1.
6. Bind off in pattern.
7. Sew Velcro pieces to the short ends of the knitted piece as a closure. Pin, clip or sew on the
flower embellishment over the Velcro closure.