1. Fold a sheet of paper in half and cut out a heart that is 9" across at its widest point and 8" tall. On second sheet of paper cut out a template in the shape of teardrop that is 3-3/4" tall. On same sheet of paper, cut out a second teardrop that is 2" tall and a heart that is 4-3/4" at its widest point and 4-1/2" tall.
2. Create a V-neck for the shirt front. Hold T-shirt it by the shoulder seams and fold in half lengthwise, back sides together, perfectly aligning shoulder seams and side seams. Use a marking tool to place a dot on the fold-line 3" below top of ribbed neckline, marking the base of the V-neck line. Open the shirt and lay it face up on solid surface. Smooth out any wrinkles. Start at the point of the shoulder seam nearest the armhole and measure toward the neck 2-1/2". Mark a dot. Repeat the previous step for the opposite shoulder. Draw a straight line from each shoulder’s dot to the center dot of what will become the V-neck.
3. Create a scoop-neck for the back. Hold T-shirt by the shoulder seams. Fold shirt in half lengthwise, front sides together, perfectly aligning shoulder seams and side seams. Smooth out any wrinkles. Start at the fold-line of the center back and measure down 3" from the top of ribbed neckline and mark a dot. Draw a curved line from the dot at each shoulder seam (made previously for front V-neck) that will meet the dot at the center of the back, creating a line for the scoop-neck.
4. Create the lace-backed cut-outs. Place large heart template on back of T-shirt so the top of heart is at least 3" below the drawn scoop-neckline with the point centered. Trace heart shape. Center and trace smaller heart template within larger heart. Use the fold-lines of the sleeves to identify the center of each sleeve’s hem with a dot. Trace the largest teardrop so that its point is just above the center dot on sleeve hem. Do not place teardrop on hem. It must be above it. Use the smaller teardrop template to trace two more drops, one on each side of the larger teardrop, but fanned out from it so that the point of each teardrop converges within a 1/2" of the center dot. Maintain at least 1/2" space between the teardrops at their maximum width. Cut out all marked areas being careful not to cut into the smaller heart.
5. Lay out large heart template on lace fabric and cut around it 1" beyond edge. Turn T-shirt inside out. Pin lace to heart-shaped fabric window. Sew lace to inside of T-shirt 1/4" from cut edge of heart-shaped window. Lay small heart template on lace fabric and cut exactly around it. Pin and baste the small lace heart to the small t-shirt fabric heart. Center small heart within large heart on the t-shirt and sew along edges of small heart to attach to large fabric heart.
6. For each sleeve, cut out one piece of lace that is 1/2" larger around than the cutout teardrop area. Pin to inside of sleeve, covering trio of teardrop fabric windows. Sew around each teardrop to adhere lace to T-shirt. Trim excess lace. Repeat process on second sleeve.