12½"x15" circumference [32 x 38 cm]
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Super Saver® Yarn: 1 skein ea: Grey Heather (A); Aran (B)
- Crochet hook size H8 [5mm] or size for gauge
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
GAUGE: 6 sts = 2" (5 cm); 9 Rnds = 4" [10 cm] in pattern.
Fpdc (Front post double crochet) = Yo, insert hook from front side of work to back & to front again around post of indicated stitch; Yo & pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), Yo & draw through 2 loops (2 loops on hook), Yo & draw through 2 loops (1 loop on hook).
- Legwarmer is made in joined, turned rnds from top edge down.Increase or decrease beg chains in multiples of 4 to change width.
- LEGWARMER: Make 2.
- With A, ch 44; do not twist; join with slip st in first ch.
- Rnd 1 (RS): Ch 2 (counts as first hdc throughout), hdc in each ch around; join with slip st in top of beg ch, turn—
- 44 hdc.
- Rnd 2: Ch 2, hdc in each st around; join with slip st in top of beg ch, turn.
- Rnd 3: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here & throughout), dc in next st, *ch 2, skip next 2 sts, dc in next 2 sts; Rep from * around, ch 2, skip last 2 sts; join with slip st in top of beg ch, turn—22 dc & 11 ch-2 sps.
- Rnd 4: Ch 3, dc in next st, 2 dc in first ch-2 sp, *dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next ch-2 sp; rep from * around; join with slip st in top of beg ch, turn—44 sts.
- Rnds 5–27: Ch 3, dc in next 2 sts, Fpdc around next st, *dc in next 3 sts, Fpdc around next st; rep from * around; join with slip st in top of beginning ch, turn.
- Rnd 28: Ch 1, sc in each st around; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
- Rnd 1: With RS of top edge facing & working across opposite side of foundation ch, join B with slip st in any ch, ch 3, 2 dc in same ch, skip next 2 ch, slip st in next ch, *3 dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, slip st in next ch; rep from * around; join with slip st in top of beginning ch—11 3-dc groups.
- CORDING: Make 2.
- With A, ch 91.
- Row 1: Work 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook & in next 9 ch, sc in next 70 sts, 2 sc in last 10 ch—110 sc. Fasten off.
- FINISHING: With RS facing & seam in back, weave cording through ch-2 sps of Rnd 3; begin & end at outer side of legwarmer. Evenly adjust ends & tie to fit around leg. Weave in ends.
- beg = begin
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- rep = rep
- RS = right side
- rnd = rnd
- sc = single crochet
- st = stitch
- sp = sp
- Yo = yarn over
- * = Rep whatever follows the * as indicated.