SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Determined length of 54” wide fabric
- Determined length of 54” wide blackout lining
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
1/2" seam allowance
- Measure desired length of curtain panel and add 10". This is the amount of fabric and lining required.
- Cut fabric and lining to that length.
- Trim selvedges from fabric.
- Cut lining width 4" less than fabric width.
- Fabric and lining right sides together, seam both long edges.
- Turn right side out.
- Press, centering lining.
- Finish bottom and top with zig zag.
- Fold and press top and bottom about 5". Check that it measures correct panel length.
- Stitch top and bottom 1/2" from finished edge.