1. Place pattern on fold of main fabric and cut one pinafore.
2. Place pattern on fold of contrasting fabric and cut one pinafore.
3. Place pieces right sides together and sew with ½" seam allowance, leaving a 5" opening for turning.
4. Turn pinafore right side out and press.
5. Top stitch the outside edge of pinafore with contrasting thread, 1/8" from edge.
6. Add embellishments of ribbon/lace/etc along the upper bodice of pinafore.
7. Mark buttonhole on bodice side of pinafore.
8. Set sewing machine according to manual and sew in the buttonholes.
9. Use seam ripper to open buttonholes once complete.
10. Mark straps for buttons and sew on.
11. Fasten opposite sides of strap to buttonhole on bodice.