SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® Food Crafting Supplies: White Cupcake Liners
- Favorite Cake Recipe or Mix
- Several pieces of uncooked spaghetti
- Piped Heart
Perfect Results 12 Cup Muffin Pan
14-1/2" x 20" Cooling Grid
4-1/2 lb. Tub of White Icing (3-1/2 cups icing needed)
12 Count Icing Color Kit* (Black, Teal, Burgundy, Pink & Violet used)
24 Count Disposable Decorating Bags
4-pc Coupler Set
Round Decorating Tip 12 (3 needed)
Decorator Preferred 9" Tapered Spatula
Round Decorating Tip 5 (4 needed)
Round Decorating Tip 4
Round Decorating Tip 2 (2 needed)
- Line muffin pan with white liners, bake and cool cupcakes.
- Tint 1 cup icing each teal, pink and purple.
- Prepare three decorating bags with couplers. Fill separately with pink, teal and purple icing.
- Using tip 12 and pink icing, pipe two wings by drawing an oval outline first; fill in, then smooth with spatula. Repeat with purple and teal icing.
- Also with tip 12, pipe a big rosette at the bottom end of each cupcake; again alternating between pink, teal and purple to contrast with wing color. Smooth with spatula.
- Switch to tip 5, then pipe four hearts on each wing, using a contrasting color.
- Prepare decorating bag with coupler and white icing. Using tip 5, pipe eyes on the rosette in a jellybean shape by starting at the bottom end and pulling up. Save remaining icing for later step.
- Prepare decorating bag with coupler and black icing. Using tip 4, pipe dots for pupils of eye, then switch to tip 2 to draw the mouth.
- Switch to tip 2 on white icing decorating bag, pipe white dot on each pupil.
- Break spaghetti into pieces that are about 1-1/2" to 2" long. Using decorating bag with black icing and tip 4, stick spaghetti into tip. Squeeze bag very gently while pulling out spaghetti and it will be coated with black icing.
- Insert spaghetti into rosettes on cupcakes to form antennas. Using tip 5 with pink, teal and purple icing colors, pipe dots on end of antennas. If any points on the dots need to be flattened, dip a finger in cornstarch and flatten.