Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application of all interfacing.
All seams 1/4" unless otherwise indicated. RS = Right side; WS = Wrong side.
1. Fuse a pc of Shape-Flex® to the WS of each piece of exterior Fabrics A & B.
2. Place Flex-Foam™ against WS of fabric rectangles; pin. Quilt as desired.
3. Cut a 3"x4" rectangle of EZ-Steam®. Apply to 3"x4"pc of solid Fabric D . Cut around the edges with the pinking shears. Set aside.
4. Cut another piece of EZ-Steam® for monogram letters. Trace letters in reverse on the gridded backing. Remove opposite backing; press sticky side against WS of applique fabric. Cut out letters, remove remaining backing & place letters on the 3"x4" piece. Arrange as desired.
5. Remove backing & center entire unit on the back exterior fabric rectangle. Fuse. Stitch around edges.
6. Center the 2"x6" pc & 2"x12" pc of 809 Décor-Bond® on the WS of the 4"x6" & 4"x12" rectangles of Fabric C respectively. Fuse.
7. Press short ends of both rectangles in by 1/4". Press both rectangles in half, open, fold raw edges in toward center crease & press. Refold on center crease & top stitch around all edges to secure.
8. Place hook side of the Velcro® fastener on one end of the closure rectangle. Stitch to secure. Center closure on the RS of the top of the back exterior rectangle 21⁄2" in from the raw edge, so the end with the Velcro® fastener hangs over. Secure one end with a box stitch.
9. Center the loop side of the Velcro® fastener on the RS of the front exterior rectangle 4" in from the bottom raw edge. Stitch to secure.
10. Place handle onto right side of back exterior rectangle, 41⁄2" in from the top raw edge so the right & left sides are each 21⁄2" in from the side raw edges. Secure both ends with a box stitch.
11. Mark & cut 2" square notches on both left & rights sides of the bottom of the exterior & interior rectangles.
12. Place interior PUL rectangles with RS together. Sew along both sides & along bottom; leave 3" gap for turning.
13. Place exterior fabric panels with RS together. Sew along both sides & along the bottom.
14. Open all 4 notched squares. Match seams & raw edges. Stitch to create the boxed corners.
15. Turn the exterior RS out, push out corners, insert into interior & stitch around the top.
16. Pull exterior out through the opening. Stitch opening closed. Push the interior into the exterior. Topstitch around top opening to finish.