SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
· Cricut Explore® machine
· Cricut Design Space™ software
· 12 in. x 12 in. StandardGrip cutting mat
· Deer Image from Bits and Pieces digital cartridge
· Cricut® Cardstock White
· Cricut® Vinyl in Black
· Cricut® Transfer Tape
· Red and white bakers’ twine
- Go to cricut.com/design.
- Create New Project.
- Click on Insert Shapes and choose Square.
- Size square in the Edit panel to 3” W x 3” H.
- Insert Circle from Insert Shapes menu.
- Size circle in the Edit panel to .25” W x .25” H.
- Place circle on top center of square.
- Select circle and square holding Control button while clicking on both shapes.
- Use the Slice tool on the Layers panel to cut the circle out of the square.
- There will be two circle layers stacked on top of each other (they will look like a single circle). Select and Delete each circle layer.
- Click on tag layer thumbnail, and choose white from Basic Colors panel.
- Change tag color to white.
- Click on Insert Images and choose CARTRIDGES.
- Search for “Bits and Pieces” cartridge. Then click on See All Images and search for “deer” image.
- Click on #MFB838 deer image. Then click INSERT IMAGES.
- Click on the spotted deer thumbnail layer and delete it. Now there will be a single solid color deer image.
- Click on Edit panel and size deer to 2.15” W x 2.25” H. Place deer layer on top center of tag.
- Click on Layers panel and then layer thumbnail to change color to black on Basic Colors panel.
- Click Go.
- Follow screen prompts on Design Space® to cut black vinyl image and white cardstock tag.
- Use transfer tape to transfer deer cutout onto tag cutout.
- Tie tag around gift with bakers’ twine.